• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max PCIE Frquency 7600Gt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wurbs

Registered
Im currently running a XFX 7600GT XXX Edition and its fine, but im trying to OC my system abit more, but without increasing the PCI-E frequency i cant post past 299 FSB, what im wondering is is there detail info regarding whats a safe PCIE frequency for Nvidia cards? any links would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Steve.

well, with 3 vid cards and 2 mobos, I was never able to get the pcie clock past 102mhz. ofcourse those where all ati cards, might be different with nvidia.

As a test, I let ntune OC my PCIE bus automatically, without letting it OC any other hardware. It got it up to 2.8gigs, stock is 2.5. Ntune stopped it at 2.8 due to reboots. I'm sure with BIOS OC and better cooling and such these OC gurus could prolly go higher. btw the default multiplier on the PCIE was 25X for the board in my sig.

SeasonalEclipse said:
what board do you use?.. there should be a PCI lock on it to keep it locked down at one speed.

Board is Asrock Conroe945G-Dvi and before you say it..i know its not the best ocing board, but for a budget board its fine.

I currently have a e6400 in it running at 301x8 FSB and mem running in 1:1 ratio @ 3.3.3.8

The only problem is that to get the PC to post over 299 the pcie frequency has to be increased.

At the moment i am running it Async but pcie freq is manually set to 101 to allow it to post, my systems been stable for 3 weeks now, but i know the e6400 can go up more, but the pcie is limiting it atm, i dont want to increase it so much that it kills my 7600gt, ive heard various reports that 105 to 120 pcie freq is safe, but have never found a true answer to the question.

FSB on the board is limited to 350FSB at the moment unless they bring out a new bios with more features, but for a budget board im not sure thats on their to do list.

Anyway, my aim is to try and get 2.6ghz or 2.8ghz if possible, ive heard about using a software program called Clockgen, but how viable is it really?

Would much prefer to do it via the bios which i find alot easier.

Anyway, thats about it from my end...thanks for the input so far.

Back