• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maximus IV Extreme (P67) issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I just tried to start up my P67 system and got POST LED readout "B2" which is "Legacy option ROM initialization" and it got stuck there. Nothing came up on the screen. I turned it off, started back up, and it went through the codes to AA (in windows normally) and everything's working.

I'm afraid to ever restart or turn off this system again.

Thoughts? Parts in sig.

Thanks. This is urgent.

Glitch in the matrix? Get some fortitude and see if it happens again...seriously.

Doesn't that board have two BIOS anyway so if one doesn't work you boot from the other? (Check in your manual)

Glitch in the matrix? Get some fortitude and see if it happens again...seriously.

Doesn't that board have two BIOS anyway so if one doesn't work you boot from the other? (Check in your manual)

Yes I have dual bios but I have to boot to switch bios I don't believe there is a bios switch. Also I have a heavy overclock that took a Sheitload of tweaking and I won't remember all the settings I used when I switch bios.

Its a switch or jumpers on that board IIRC. If not, you may need to hold down a key or two on the keyboard to boot to a different bios (verify in your manual/look on the board).

Save it as a profile. The next time you boot, write them down so you can apply it to the other bios if needed.

Its a 2600K though man... what more did you set outside of multiplier and voltage?

Last edited:
Its a switch or jumpers on that board IIRC. If not, you may need to hold down a key or two on the keyboard to boot to a different bios (verify in your manual/look on the board).

Save it as a profile. The next time you boot, write them down so you can apply it to the other bios if needed.

Its a 2600K though man... what more did you set outside of multiplier and voltage?

It's a very dodgy 2600K. I had to tweak pretty much everything. You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Took me 3 days @ 12 hours a day to get 4.8Ghz stable with my NHD14.

Anyways I grew a pair and restarted the system and it POSTed normally so let's hope I just had a poltergeist in my bios for a moment and all is well...

No money for that X99 system right now so if this sucker breaks down I'm going to be a very sad boy. A sad boy with a new 980.

Back