• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxtor 320GB SATAII 16MB-$59.99 [ATTN: g0dM@n! haha]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tom kruze said:
I got one of these yesterday. Great deal IMO i love having a frys just minutes from my house. they were 59.99 in store. Not sure what the other person was talking about when he said price difference online then instore. Nice drive not too loud if you ask me.

I did get mine for $59.99 in store. I was saying I hate when the prices on the website are lower than in the store and they won't match it. I wanted to get the Antec case they had for $50 after MIR a few days ago but the in store price was $139 - $50 = $89 and the online price was $99 - $50 = $49.

Catalan said:
Anyone know if there are still the rebadged seagate drives?
Yes, they are... I just got mine...

You don't even have to ask. Maxtor never made 320GB hard drives... so they're gonna be Seagate drives REGARDLESS.

So I installed WinXP SP2 last night on my three drives in raid0 (30gb slice on matrix, 128k stripe).

I get to the desktop FRESH from install and my drive is labeled I: WHAT THE HECK??? Anyone know why this could have happened. I didn't have any other HDDs hooked up.

I'll have to re-install b/c no way in hell will I have a windows partition named anything but C:, but does anyone have an idea wth I gotta do? I had my 2405fpw monitor hooked up via USB and it's got a built-in 4 port USB hub into the monitor... think that could have affected this???

Blackstar said:
Hmmm.... I have a 320GB Maxtor. ;)

- Blackstar
Must be a Seagate :)

Btw, I got these drives finally installed as raid0 30gb slice on matrix raid0...

I STUPIDLY forgot to pull off the SataII jumpers... didn't know I had to do that.

I was going straight to my gf's from gym after work, and then was going to remote desktop and bench the HDDs, but now I gotta go back home and unplug the jumpers (or wait 24 hours) :(

BossBorot said:
bench em at 1.5gb/s and 3gb/s so you can see the difference it makes
already did 1.5... i gotta set them to 3gb still, but hopefully tonight, if not tomorrow:

Back