• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB for i5 2500.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hurricano

Registered
do you guys know a good cheap second hand motherboard that i could use with my i5 2500? One that will actually have 3 pin fan connectors and 2 pin connectors for power,reset, led etc. I recently bought a optiplex 990 and the MB from that was a huge pain in the butt with dells odd ports lol

You're going to be much better off getting a consumer board such as Asus, Asrocks, Msi or Gigabyte. Only issue is finding one that's not ridiculously expensive due to the EOL on the chip. Look for a lga 1155 board that has the features you want.

too true.

I am looking at some HP motherboards but but do not know if they are ATX standard or not. Hopefully someone knows?
So far a "better" motherboard is more than I want to spend. Though I have everything else I need fo couple builds.

fwiw combo (motherboard, ram,+) sometimes seem to go for less.

Back