• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media is once again jabbing away at the PS3 like De La Hoya

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

mostly over Madden, but while not a knockout blow, this is definitely going to send them staggering, because people will only go on what they read and when bad press gets passed around every media publication then that hurts bad. It doesn't matter that your average journalist doesn't know 60fps from 4xAAF, people believe the NY times and USA Today over zit-face behind the counter at GameStop.

More bad press for the PS3, not what Sony needs right now, especially after the non-permanent $100 price cut (BTW.... I have been seeing 80GB PS3s with MotorStorm pop up for the old PS3 $599US price).

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/15/sony-v-microsoft-with-helmets/
http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/005153.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20070814/tc_usatoday/xbox360versionofmaddennfl08sticksittops3

To be fair they are getting some good press about not dying in extreme temperatures and about the disc space advantage of BluRay, but that stuff is going around Kotaku, Digg and GameSpot not the USA Today, Wahington Post and New York Times lime the negative press is.... Seems like the media has it out for the PS3.

Last edited:
Eh, we just have to wait a few years to have some people pull out some amazing games.

It does get too much bad press though, I mean why not go poking at the faults of the others? Then again, maybe all this pressure will result in faster price drops.

Very unlikely considering this is Sony, but you never know.

Hazaro said:
Eh, we just have to wait a few years to have some people pull out some amazing games.

It does get too much bad press though, I mean why not go poking at the faults of the others? Then again, maybe all this pressure will result in faster price drops.

Very unlikely considering this is Sony, but you never know.

They DO poke at the faults of the others, the 360 has had plenty of pokes, kicks, slaps, karate chops and sword strikes.

Twigglish said:
They DO poke at the faults of the others, the 360 has had plenty of pokes, kicks, slaps, karate chops and sword strikes.

Yeah, but just for the RRoD, they tend to be pounding the PS3 on multiple issues. I admit I pounded it quite a bit too due to the anticipated poor reliability based on the laser issues of the PS1 and PS2. Now that I have one, I hope that I'm wrong about the PS3 going to have laser issues as well, but I can honestly say that if it weren't for BluRay movies, it'd be worthless to me. The games are better on the 360 and aren't crippled into 480p mode because my HDTV doesn't support 720p.

FudgeNuggets said:
Yeah, but just for the RRoD, they tend to be pounding the PS3 on multiple issues. I admit I pounded it quite a bit too due to the anticipated poor reliability based on the laser issues of the PS1 and PS2. Now that I have one, I hope that I'm wrong about the PS3 going to have laser issues as well, but I can honestly say that if it weren't for BluRay movies, it'd be worthless to me. The games are better on the 360 and aren't crippled into 480p mode because my HDTV doesn't support 720p.

Gee, just enjoy your blu-ray on PS3 and play games using your PC, why bother with Xbox 360. Dang, it actually rhymes... :beer:

nakatalee said:
Gee, just enjoy your blu-ray on PS3 and play games using your PC, why bother with Xbox 360. Dang, it actually rhymes... :beer:

Because PC games suck.... I'm NEVER buying, downloading or playing a PC game again. Sorry, that's the way I feel....

FudgeNuggets said:
Because PC games suck.... I'm NEVER buying, downloading or playing a PC game again. Sorry, that's the way I feel....
I can see where your coming from that. But that is a little extreme if your not joking. :beer:

Back