• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Meltdown at MtGox. Update: 2/28 BANKRUPTCY FILED

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Won't work until they enable withdrawing.

The script works though...

Yup, the point is to leave the window open so it attempts withdraw every five seconds... Once they enable, you have the best chance to be at the front of the withdraw queue.

LMAO, so now were DDOSing Mt.GOX just to get funds out. Nice!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I should have waited... I could have ended up with 5 or 6 BTC :(

But, the eventual crash and disapearance of mtgox will make the rest bounce back up as people flood their bitcoins and money to more reliable exchanges...

Their announcement today is the worst yet... They've moved their business to a "virtual office" - a mailing address without any actual office space.

They provided no information on the status of withdrawals.

They gave no update on when the next announcement would be made.

All signs are pointing to this being a real crisis for Gox.

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/2...ffecting-Bitcoin-Transfers-February-20th-2014

The only upside, is they didn't include any wording/spelling mistakes this time. Their last announcement thanked everyone for their "corporation", which they got around to fixing to "cooperation" a day later.

This reminds me of Bitcoinica, prices never passed $7 due to bitcoinica, they got hacked, lots of people lost money, myself included, BTC prices crashed to $3.30, Bitcoinica closed down, and prices skyrocketed...

Bad news, its seems like Gox are draggin the value down, so that they can open, process the withdraws at 90% the value market sure, that even after all withdraws are done, they have millions left over.

Last edited:
No! Oh man, I was banking on BTC to help get me through college....

This is the worst news I could hear....

If you had money at Gox, well, I guess i'll take my parents advice and say nothing at all.

it has been the cesspool of coin trading for months and months now, it's amazing to me that anyone still uses it.

I know everyone is against it but this type of thing is why we need some type of regulation on crypto currencies. There is basically no repercussions against them and no help in this situation for the consumer. I sure hope btc can recover from this!

I know everyone is against it but this type of thing is why we need some type of regulation on crypto currencies. There is basically no repercussions against them and no help in this situation for the consumer. I sure hope btc can recover from this!

If that happens, btc will fail. the whole point is that it is unregulated. Besides, anyone in the USA should know that regulation only lines the pockets of the rich anyhow.

What we need are bitcoin assassins that can take care of these things their own way.

Back