• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition - RTX exclusive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

https://www.vg247.com/2021/04/28/metro-exodus-enhanced-edition-pc-release-date/

"This is a new release of the game, not an upgrade to your existing install. Because of this, the new version has its own PC requirements, most notably a ray tracing-capable GPU as a minimum." - "It introduces even more advanced ray tracing features, including advanced ray traced reflections, ray traced emissive lighting, updated ray traced global illumination, and DLSS 2.0 support."

1282786204310.jpg

There's a few comparisons in the video at the end, also this should give you an idea :

PC-SPECS-ENHANCED-FINAL.png

I have the old version installed in my Steam account. Will this install update to the RTX version? Or do I have to purchase the game over again?

*edit...nevermind, I spent 2 mins reading...lol! It is available to all previous owners thru steam

Overall much faster and smoother than the original, so far getting ~120fps average (normally between 110fps-130fps) with drops to 90fps in busy areas and hitting my 165hz VSync in quieter ones. 1440p Ultra quality + in-game vsync off (locks at 60fps) + Ray Tracing Ultra + DLSS Quality + reflections Raytraced + VRS / Hairworks / Tessellation OFF + PhysX ON + Field of View / Motion Blur stock. Without DLSS drop my figures by ~30fps respectively (although it looks better with it on, especially at a distance).

Finally, a game that justifies getting this 3070 over my old 5700xt, DLSS+RTX in full swing are NICE :thup:

Really? I installed it and gave it 5 mins. I noticed stretching and blurring when I swung left to right. I tried a dozen times to enable GeForce Overlay FPS with Alt+R, it only gave me N/A. I have the latest drivers and rig in my sig...? Any replies are gratefully accepted. Learning comes by failure and criticism.

Metro had some sort of issue with ultra-wide aspect ratio (might be the case of the stretching you mentioned), there's a couple of fixes but not guaranteed working 100% - Switch from dx12 to dx11 or go to :C >> Users >> (Your name) >> Saved Games >> Metro Exodus >> (Profile number) >> user.cfg. Look for r_fullscreen and change on to off. My game started first time at 1080p instead of the native 1440p for some reason, but changed it in settings and has been fine since.

I'm using 466.27 and MSI afterburner + RTSS (GeForce Experience not installed) with no problems yet.

Last edited:
I just now updated my drivers and gave it a second shot. All I can say is wow! It looks amazing and is smooth! Im really digging this game now! Its a much better experience with this new enhanced version of Metro!!

Missed this earlier. The video was very interesting going into how the lighting works. Not my type of game though so unlikely to ever play it.

I've run it on my system with Quality at Ultra, RT at High, Water reflection Raytraced at 3840x1080, it does look good, and while my rig ran it nicely at 70fps and higher, there were a few places/scenes that you can tell that the GPU is struggling.

BTW, Metro Exodus PC EE is not an RTX exclusive, it is an RT exclusive. RTX is an nVidia marketing moniker for their RT capable cards.

Back