• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micosoft Flight Simulator ....X2? is coming!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

Micosoft Flight Simulator 2020

Wonderful men and aircraft!!
LOOK WHAT TACO FOUND!!!!!! :clap: this is WONDERFUL!!! I cannot believe they resurrected the lost legacy!!(not affiliated with naughty dog)

please like and share!! Let the world know, the world must know!!

I have become an ultra fan ever since FS2002 when my Pentium 4 could do under 20fps in max settings, but I played on max anyways! This is so cool!!

48116073011_f17426b53c_b.jpg

Need to dust off my xeon and gtx460 to see how well she will run fsx2020! Cant wait for release! Noye: one bummer, still no animated pilots inside cockpit. Empty seats.:mad:

Last edited:
If it's coming to XBox, I'm not sure how they can keep the "Simulator" tag on it.

I hope they go big with it, I love shooting touch and goes at st. marteen in my brabazon, but the game has been kicked to the curb for so long.

i have a feeling i would have to try these games myself...again. I did play flight simulator but me being like 10 years old i didnt fully grasp it. just flied around like normal.

And with me being allowed 30 minutes at the computer i would end up playing multiplayer shooters instead like Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 :D

MSN Zones...those were the days :)

I'm looking forward to it. Mostly because it will give me an excuse to build a new gaming rig. :D
I still fly around with FSX a little, but an update would be great.

But will it work since MS shut down their end of it? I enjoyed flying around Hawaii with that game.

It worked last year when I had it installed in W7. I'm going to download it again tonight and find out. :D With my blazing fast 5 Mbps download speeds I do game downloads overnight (or for several days) so as not to torch my DSL cables. :rofl:

• Perhaps I will finally overvolt my cpu into the ground trying to get decent frames, and if she still stu-stu-stutters badly, perhaps it will be time taco upgrades? Hmm, perhaps... fascinating!

• Anyways, I'm assuming all that scenery will have to be streamed across the internet to your sim? I heard somewhere 2 petabytes of data and azure AI..
I'd rather have it ship on a small 10tb hard drive and be available offline though..never liked mandatory internet connection to [strike]play a game[/strike] simulation.:sly:

• I really like how their weather looks, that part where they have that nasty storm brewing in the distance had me instantaneous "ooh"!

It worked last year when I had it installed in W7. I'm going to download it again tonight and find out. :D With my blazing fast 5 Mbps download speeds I do game downloads overnight (or for several days) so as not to torch my DSL cables. :rofl:

I started the download & it looks like it's working. Thank goodness for gigabit fiber! 1.8GB download!

That's sweet. Ever heard of SpaceEngine? It's like flightsim but with spacecraft. I played with it once but you really need to BE a pilot to enjoy it as it is scientifically correct in how it operates and works.
098 is still free and the new version, 99, was released on steam for $25.
http://spaceengine.org/universe/space-ships
001.jpg
"Pilot star ships with realistic orbital mechanics, Alcubierre warp drives, and aerodynamics in planetary atmospheres"
It's folder is ~47gigs on my pc and it's not even installed.

Last edited:
So, is that PMDG type stuff hard? I mean I couldn't fire up j41 without a manual. How hardcore is a spaceship?
Cnt ge that hard..:shrug::D

I've been enjoying FSX, starting to get into DCS but it's a good bit more complicated. I'm really excited for the new sim, and I would like to jump to the real thing at some point.

The one time I played with space engine, I had to calculate vectors incl. fuel and weight in order to even begin to fly. In other words, IF you can fly, you'll get a lot farther off the ground than I did. The sim is accurate to the point that you really need to know what you are doing.

Looks like it is being developed by ASOBO studios. A French company, not sure if they're doing the whole thing or just part of the project.

Back