• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcrap coruption

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sniper_83 said:
Yea, but I just feel it aint right to infect a box with microcrap and then force Linux to run with the parasite in the same box!
as Christoph said, if you're not prepared to take the time to learn and use Linux, don't go randomly attacking Microsoft. Anyone who exclusively uses a company out of choice, should not have the right to bad mouth them!

snafumaster said:
You can also put together another cheapo box just for linux. Dosn't require too much power to get rolling.

Been their...wait still am...

I have been running lunix on a second box made from scrach parts I had laying around and have been tring to learn how to use it for a while now.

I may still dual boot, I have 2 80Gb Hitachi SATA's I might as well use some drive space for a 2nd OS. I figure 20 Gigs should be enough.

JigPu said:
Yes, definatly become familiar with Task Manager. I can honestly say that Task Manager is probably THE most used "utility" I run on my machine. Seems like I open it at least once a day to make sure nothing is hogging my memory that dosen't need to be, and use it to close down anything I don't recognize. If it's not on my list of usual processes, it gets nuked and I look it up on Google to see if something nasty has gotten on before any severe damage is done. Very handy little piece of software MS gave us :)
JigPu

So true... and don't forget about the Microsoft Management Console and the famous services.msc

Yea, its a great tool I just have to sit down someday and find out what they all are.

Offtopic....

dark_15 where did you get the avatar?

Back