• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft is removing Live Mesh!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

So for those of you that don't know, Live Mesh is an incredibly useful tool for syncing folders (such as Pictures and Documents) accross many computers. As of now, I sync two desktops, a laptop, and have a copy on the cloud. According to the Live Mesh team, this service will end in February. Now, in order to sync files, you need to drag them to the "Skydrive" folder. I think they're doing it to mirror Dropbox, Google Dirve, etc. This is an icredibly clucky solution. A step back in my opinion. I'm really angry at M$. What are your thoughts? Are there other, similiar solutions out there?

Read the article here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/mesh-users

Honestly I avoid cloud services like that and just host my own NAS for backups and sharing things I want. but I can see how that would be frustrating :\

Yes, I use that now. But I use it to sync (for instance) My Music from my PC to my external. It works flawless like that, but in my experience, using it to sync across more than just two paths (like syncing PC with Backup HDD, AND a laptop) causes issues. Thoughts?

Honestly I avoid cloud services like that and just host my own NAS for backups and sharing things I want. but I can see how that would be frustrating :\

Yea I want to get a NAS box soon. What software do you use to sync your files? Can you do it over the internet?

Back