• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft might share information on extremely critical vulnerability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/r...emely-critical-vulnerability-later-today.html

TLDR: "Sources tell KrebsOnSecurity that Microsoft Corp. is slated to release a software update on Tuesday to fix an *extraordinarily serious security vulnerability* in a core cryptographic component present in all versions of Windows. Those sources say Microsoft has quietly shipped a patch for the bug to branches of the U.S. military and to other high-value customers/targets that manage key Internet infrastructure, and that those organizations have been asked to sign agreements preventing them from disclosing details of the flaw prior to Jan. 14, the first Patch Tuesday of 2020."

"Keep an eye out on your Tuesday patches, and apply them."

A security vulnerability in an OS (any OS)? Who would have thought?!!! :p

I'll update when I get around to it. :)

EDIT: Checked to see what updates were available and have none. Last update was 1/13.

EDIT2: I think it is delayed due to my settings.

It was available this morning. The vulnerability was found by the NSA and reported to MS, the first time a gubmint agency has ever notified MS about a 'flaw'. Seems that this one was made to be a clickable virus or such and was able to spread it's infection across networks. Either way, I downloaded, installed and caught a monthly WinTen 1909 update along with the security patches.

And for some reason my girlfriends machine still hasn't gotten the patch for it.

Back