• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
I just want to point out, that today, my copy of forza 4 arrived. It's a very fun game. I like it.

I also bought a 360 last week. It's the third one I've owned, both of the other ones had red ring issues. Neither of them were mistreated at first, but went through a lot after they started red ringing because I refuse to pay microsoft to fix something that shouldn't have broke in the first place.

In any case, today I also used a 3 month live card, since you have to pay for live unlike the other consoles, a 4000 point microsoft card since most games have tons of DLCs (and I wanted to change my gamertag, which also costs money), and got all the updates to fill up the tiny internal memory on this 360. I bought a hard drive as well, since I lost my old one.

So today I had a nice few hours of enjoyable forza. Then, a short while ago, my 360 slid over. It's sitting up diagonally next to my feet, and simply slid down horizontal. No noises, no big fall, just a small movement. Now, my copy of forza won't read. It's got a huge ring in the very middle of the disc from what I can only assume is a poorly designed disc drive, and now it won't even start.

I'm not sure what amazon's return policy is, but at the very best it'll be a week before I can get a new copy from them.

I need to go find something to hit.

Why don't you hit other tanks for free in World of Tanks? That's what I do. :) Sorry about that, though, that sucks.

Help me out here. What does this have to do with a vendor? And Microsoft?

(sorry, no caffeine yet today)

Microsoft made the 360, and then gave him a card for three free months of Live!, and also made a sucky first iteration of the Xbox360 which he apparently had to RMA a couple of times.

I can drive over to Redmond and slap them around a bit for you if you like.

Microsoft made the 360, and then gave him a card for three free months of Live!, and also made a sucky first iteration of the Xbox360 which he apparently had to RMA a couple of times.

I can drive over to Redmond and slap them around a bit for you if you like.

Three free months? I paid for that.

I also didn't RMA my old 360s because IIRC it's like, 100$ plus shipping to get them fixed by microsoft or something stupid like that. Good friend of mine did that with his, I know he had the "open tray" problem at one point, not sure if he had the Cnubmerwhatever as well. I know now his red rings and he doesn't use it much.

I just did various tricks to get mine to work again, mostly pertaining to getting the whole thing super hot and then booting it up. :shrug:

Do go slap them around for me. I gave up yesterday and hit up relatives for enough cash to go buy a new copy at the local game store. Normally something I wouldn't do but I got pretty fed up with that situation in a hurry.

Back