• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Miss labeled psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tang87

Registered
Ok I had a Coolmax M-500B Power supply that I was using for a while (1 week) it died on me, so I RMA'd it. They were very quick about getting me a new (sealed) one. Well I never paid attention to it till I got my Radeon 6870 GPU. I wanted to get a nicer power supply with 4 pcie connections for SLI next year some time. Anyway I went to pull my M-500B and noticed it has 4 SATA connections 4 Molex and 2 PCIE connections. I was puzzled because the box only said 1. I googled coolmax with those connections and it comes back with a 650w PSU...is there any way to tell if it has 650 watts legitimately. I am using it currently and was playing blacklight and metro 2033, so it's not an issue I was just curious. Thanks!

Its a cool max you will be lucky if its 500W legitimately. I have a friend with the 750W Coolmax PSU and he has killed it twice now with a Phenom II 955BE and a Radeon 6850.

I was going for the open box for $80 I would really like modular...

IC when I click that link all I see is 112.99 as the price. If you can get that sparkle for $80 it should serve you well. I couldn't find a completly detailed review on it, but toms HW(meh source) review shows it to be a solid unit.

IC when I click that link all I see is 112.99 as the price. If you can get that sparkle for $80 it should serve you well. I couldn't find a completly detailed review on it, but toms HW(meh source) review shows it to be a solid unit.

Yeah I mean I guess a regular one with decent cables would work good. I had a generic one with the absolute worst cables and they were complete junk lol

Back