• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo Choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukek

Registered
I am trying to decide which motherboard to use to replace my XFX 750a (total crap). Here is what I have in terms of hardware.

Ultra 750W PSU
AMD Phenom 9850
OCZ 2048MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz x 2
XFX GE Force 9800 GTX XXX
(Im thinking of maybe swapping out this vid card and getting 2 of the same kind to have dual graphics)

I recommend getting one of the Asus boards with 8+2 Phase Power. I know the ASUS M4A79 Deluxe and the ASUS M3A79T both have it. While they are not cheap, they have everything you could want in an overclocking board. I use to own the M3A79T and I had to return it because of a problem with a PCIe slot, but I'm sorry I didn't replace it with the same board because this boards power is not nearly as stable.

R7 :beer:

Why is the 750a crap? I'm going to take a guess and say you are having power issues with the cpu? Possibly because it is a 95watt board and you're running a 125watt cpu. I have had this board for a while now and I have absolutely no complaints at all. What don't you like?

I pciked up an open box Asus M4N72-E for ~$99 shipped from Newegg. It's running my 6400BE with no issues.

m4n82 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131383&Tpk=m4n82 deluxe
cant beat it. It has 8+1 phase power its threeway sli with a onboard gpu if you want to use the hybrid sli feature. My brother has the m4A79. From what I can see so far the nvidia version is gonna be a similar board but with the AM2 ram and the new 8+2 phase power, and minus any extra features that you get when you get a amd chipset. The bios looks very similar also. I will know for sure in a few days, because I will be getting mine soon.

Back