• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MoH Pacific Assault

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kid Payne

Got it for Christmas and it looks good, but it was a weird lag or delay sort of. Say I fire my weapon, it waits a split second before it fires, and moving around also has this annoying delay. I changed mice, but that wasn't the problem. Does anybody know if this is how the game is supposed to play?

No, it shouldnt play like that. I personally havent played Pacific Assault, but I have played a few of the other MOH games. You should check that you are running the latest DirectX. I have had problems such as yours and it was due to a DX problem. You will also want to make sure that you have the latest video card drivers and chipset drivers for your motherboard.

Kid Payne said:
Got it for Christmas and it looks good, but it was a weird lag or delay sort of. Say I fire my weapon, it waits a split second before it fires, and moving around also has this annoying delay. I changed mice, but that wasn't the problem. Does anybody know if this is how the game is supposed to play?
The demo was like that, I coudn't stand it so I never bought the game. I loved the previous MOH games, but the fire delay really ruined this one for me.

I've experience the same thing with the DEMO. Sluggish response with RIG 1. I tried everything.

I forgot to mention that you should get the latest patch for the game as well. I bet that Wicked Klown had the patch and that is what made the difference. Too many games nowdays are almost unplayeable at launch and require a patch to run correctly.

Thats why I didn't buy the game. The demo had horrible mouse lag, as well as the multiplayer lost its fast pace that I love from the first MOH series.

Seems like they really dropped the ball on this game.

I'll dl the patch and post the results when I get home later tonight. I also read somewhere that the lag problem was due to the video settings. Well, everything was running smooth at near max settings except for the mouse lag. This game is unplayable if this issue is not fixed.

I have this game and have never experienced any lag. I haven't used any patch either, although I do have a fast computer, X800 XT vid card, DirectX 9C, and Cat 4.11 drivers. Several folks here have bashed Pacific Assault, but I love the game. Played it all the way through twice now.

batboy said:
I have this game and have never experienced any lag. I haven't used any patch either, although I do have a fast computer, X800 XT vid card, DirectX 9C, and Cat 4.11 drivers. Several folks here have bashed Pacific Assault, but I love the game. Played it all the way through twice now.
It's not really "lag" as most people think of it when talking about PC games (such as graphical lag or even net lag), its more of slow response time on the game's side. You could turn all the settings all the way down, and it would still happen. I'm sure its hard to understand if you aren't experiencing it.

Leviathan41 said:
It's not really "lag" as most people think of it when talking about PC games (such as graphical lag or even net lag), its more of slow response time on the game's side. You could turn all the settings all the way down, and it would still happen. I'm sure its hard to understand if you aren't experiencing it.

Bingo!

I'm going to patch it now, hope it fixes this.

The demo lagged for me but the retail version plays perfectly well...REALLY well actually. The graphics are awesome and the pearl harbor attack is just...wow...breathtaking. It's one of those gaming moments that will be remembered for years to come.

I patched it and lowered the resolution to 800x600 and it plays with no lag or delay now. I'm going to bump up the res later when I return home to see if it was a glitch and not my system, not that my system is anything to brag about.

mine was slow untill backed off to 1024x768 andgoes fine in the beginning it loads a lot which i dont like and seems like this new game uses a lot of resorces more than half life2 interesting

Back