• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monero, XMR (aka MRO)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like mine is only 25Mb.
When I was mining this, I'd always delete it after it hit 25Mb anyway :p

That file is only 100Gb smaller then what I have used up in total on my RAID :shock:

There is a guy on bitcointalk (bcx) that is claiming a monero exploit. price is dropping . consider selling if you don't like the risk.

I'll believe it when I see proof.

Not too worried - might ruin my plans for a cashout this month, but I won't panic sell on hearsay ;)

Last edited:
I sold mine, basically because I didn't want the risk, especially when I could sell now and still come out ahead. I had over 2 btc worth.
Price has been stagnant lately anyways, my thoughts are that it could be a longer term drag on prices until it gets sorted out, whether denied or confirmed and fixed. If dev's dismiss or confirm and fix, I can buy back in at a later date.

I'm still only holding on to 95 XMR... I figure that's not enough to worry about one way or the other. That's about half the XMR I've ever had. I'm still going to mine a few more for selling in the next couple weeks, but I don't really want to sell off completely when it took forever to mine enough to have that many for holding.

Hope the difficulty drops a while now, especially now that my fourth 270 showed up on Monday.

I actually only sold what was sitting at poloniex. I still have a what I mined before I shut my rigs down for the summer. I am hoping that the issue is resolved. I would prefer resolution vs. Having a shadow hanging over it. I like monero and have been a supporter, but these crypto coins are such high risk, even before rumors like this.

On the bright side, my peercoin holdings are looking good. :)

Gahh, I'm still running 13.12 drivers :-/
Looks like I'm updating now then

Nope, 303Mb is too much to download right now, also the MEGA link for the new sgminer is dead! :(

Doh - not sure where it went from there, but the changes may have been rolled into SGMiner 5.0 by now. Kind of glad I grabbed it while I could... haven't seen a faster one released to the public yet, but I do know they exist.

That reminds me - Claymore is up to v7.0 on the CN miner. He added Linux and fan control support.

Edit - the link for the 14.4/14.6 X11 miner I'm using in the first post here is good:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658975.0

This is probably the best one to use now:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658411.0

Last edited:
Saw that. I'm still holding... I don't have anything mined I can't afford to lose, really. Even thought about buying in during the price crash, but it's too near the end of the month for me to do any major trading, and I don't really have enough BTC to make a major dent in my holdings.

Currently mining and selling Darknote/Ducknote/Whateveritisthisweeknote.

I think he's using the threat of an exploit to buy in. Could still be an exploit, but I am way far from being convinced it's either real, won't be patched, or will in any way be a coin killer.

Whether he does it or not, I'm holding. My hardware and power are paid for... all I need is some popcorn for the next 72 hours.

Back