• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More problems on my network (no hotmail)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollPhree

I cant go to any secure servers it seem
bankofamerica
wells fargo..
hotmail..
even some yahoo places wont let me in

whats up? I have a firewall on my router could that be it? we use comcast.. is there some security fecher i need turn off? we using linksys router

well i cant log into hotmail to veiw email or log into bank of america.. i can go there.. i cant download yahoo messeger .. i cant download java.. i dunno why either what could be causin these problems? must have somthing set wrong.

other websites dont work too some times like good and such.. i can only assume its the router.. should i turn off the firewall? if so does that leave us open to =P yucky stuff lol! I dont want another virus

I would say that you should turn off the firewall only as a test. If you are then able to connect to these site, you know that the firewall was the problem. If that's the case, you then need to look at the specific settings of your firewall to see what the problem is.

If turning off the firewall does not help, then we need to look elsewhere. I have seen problems with hotmail resolved by reinstalling IE.

Test the firewall and post back with the results.

I tried firewall it didnt help.. do ih ave reset modem after turing firewall off? I formated harddrive so I dont think virus is still there, im pretty sure its ok.. internet is back up but i still cant go to alot of websties.. like alot of downloads dont work like when tried download java, or yahoo messeger

Firewall has no effect.. any other ideas?a nyone else had a issue where set up network and some websites would let themi n

my network isnt protected could taht be it? like maybe the websties wont let me in? not visa versa?

Try searching on google.com for Free-AVG. Lets make sure that we are not battling a virus.

scanned with updated norton antivrus =) No virus.. plus i formated twice!

ok here news.. i installed netscape.. and it lets me go to almost all websites. bank.. hotmail .. so forth but now it says hotmail times out and a couple other websties will time otu when usei t.. so this has be security thing.. the websites wont let me in or somthing, ya know? i dont get it

Back