• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mosfet watercooling on Crossblade Ranger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theoc331

does someone knows if there is a mosfet waterblock for the crossblade ranger?:confused:
i was searching for 3 hours and didnt find anythyng:mad:

Not that I am aware off but honestly with the choices you have for a CPU you will really not need one. I have a block on my CHVz and truthfully unless you are exploring the outer limits on an OC for daily use it really isn't needed.

Not that I am aware off but honestly with the choices you have for a CPU you will really not need one. I have a block on my CHVz and truthfully unless you are exploring the outer limits on an OC for daily use it really isn't needed.
True words, but i have a A10-7850k and the stock speeds suck, so i decided to overclock this thing.
now my igpu(stock speed 720MHz) is on 1309MHz. VDDNB has about 1,52 volts. I had already to put the cpu back to 4 GHZ :( because of the heat.
now my mosfet coolers get hotter than my APU, so i need to cool them and there are already giant passive coolers. I have to put watercblocks on my APU and the mosfet, but i cant find for mosfet.:(

Not worth the money you're going to have to drop on a custom loop with MB cooling. You're better off by saving up for a new system or at least wait and see what they have in store.

Not worth the money you're going to have to drop on a custom loop with MB cooling. You're better off by saving up for a new system or at least wait and see what they have in store.
I dont have the money for a new built (im 15) and i wont get an aio, becasue the mosfets are gona overheat with overvoltageing and high voltage frequency. I really need mosfet cooling

I dont have the money for a new built (im 15) and i wont get an aio, becasue the mosfets are gona overheat with overvoltageing and high voltage frequency. I really need mosfet cooling

Not sure why you're running such high clocks as you're just killing the lifespan of your components. I can see if you're doing this for benchmarks but for 24/7 use that is pretty extreme.

Not sure where you're going to get the funds for a custom loop. It will surely cost you more than the average since you're going to cool VRMs. I don't think you're understanding the need and cost of having a loop just yet. I suggest you have a read at our water cooling stickies. Great information there to get you started. After all is said and done, let us know what you're still going to do.

Just strap some fans to blow air over them!

I think many forget that very simple [cheap] tip for VRM's these days - most mobos have over engineered VRM circuitry as compared to 'yesteryears' offerings..... :)

As long as there is some minor airflow over their heatsinks they simply do not require additional cooling even when using crazy overclocks.

Even with my relatively expensive water cooled overclocked system I ensured that my fans were setup to maintain a continuous gentle air flow path over the mobo.

Watercooling VRM's is only beneficial if you prefer the 'looks' of the added block and associated plumbing - same pretty much goes for memory modules as well.

The only time where I could see some benefit for watercooling of VRM's is if the board was mounted in some form of sealed enclosure where intake airflow would be limited or non existent. Although in this case you would also need to really consider cooling of the mobo chipset as well...!

Last edited:
Yep, your pushing the hardware, you need a fans. Mebbe a 60 mm fan on them is fine. Killing chips like that is fun till it breaks when you say you can't afford stuff.

I just did this on my AMD board where the heatsink was crazy hot but with a slow rpm fan blowing is cool to the touch. I would recommend doing this.

i have an airflow already and still have overheating. can someone just tell me which mosfet watercoller fits on crossblade ranger:-/

Most any generic one will work. My MOSFET temps were getting up to 82c. That's hot. I put a fan on them but only brought the temp down to 70c. Still hot. So, like you, I will be adding MOSFET and northbridge blocks to my loop. I also have a southbridge block and was considering memory blocks as well. My goal is to have no fans running in my machine at all. Well except for the PS. There used to be a WC PS for sale but it was discontinued.

70C is great considering they are good to 100C...

As far as silent and fanless PSUs, they are out there, just not to drive the wattage you are pushing through it. Go Intel and a single card and you are golden AND you wouldn't need to watercool the mobo/powerbits.

Even if I went Intel I would still need a 5Ghz OC. This machine runs my flight simulator and requires high clock speeds and 1 card won't run my 4 1080p screens. I also need the 8 cores because I set the affinity for each core. 2 for the sim, 1 for sound, 1 for headtracking, 1 for motion control, and 2 for Windows. As I finish building the servo driven gauges I will be dedicating a core to their function.

finished the system

I concur. :thup:

hello,

just want to let you all know that i finished building my loop today (took me 1 day).
it runns at 4.6 ghz with chache frequenzy on 2100 mhz at 35 degrees celsius and with a r9 380 overclocked at 40 degrees.
i use 1 420 and 1 360 radiator, a kryos on my cpu, and a D5 in my define S.:D.
i would say it was worth it:thup:

PS. blocks for the mb and the gpu will be aviable soon on Alphacool

hello,

just want to let you all know that i finished building my loop today (took me 1 day).
it runns at 4.6 ghz with chache frequenzy on 2100 mhz at 35 degrees celsius and with a r9 380 overclocked at 40 degrees.
i use 1 420 and 1 360 radiator, a kryos on my cpu, and a D5 in my define S.:D.
i would say it was worth it:thup:

PS. blocks for the mb and the gpu will be aviable soon on Alphacool

:pics:

Back