• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard/CPU Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlf2898

Registered
-I am getting this mobo:

GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H

-And just wondered what the best aftermarket cooling solution would be.
I am getting the Kuma x2 7750 BE. I heard they get a bit toasty(hot).LOL
And I'm a bit a of a cooling freak, I like to keep all my hardware as cool as possible. Im gonna do a mild Overclock on it possibly to 2.9 or 3.0 on the stck heatsink and fan. But I am not a fan of liquid cooling, so I am trying to find the best Air Cooling alternative. Thanks for any help I can get.

-I just got done today with an oil cooled pc for fun, I was running a Pentium4 (478) at 50c+ now its at a stable 32c.
-It will probably go out in a few years but oh well it was fun trying it out.

- Again thanks for the help

--------Justin (jlf2898)

5C is within margin of error for tests like that, I'd say.

Anyhow, the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 can be had for under $30 if there's a Microcenter near you. This will handle any AMD CPU out there with aplomb. If you're not budget-constrained, you can get a couple degrees C cooler with something like the Ultra 120 or something, but the difference will be negligible.

Thanks guys I got the Xigmatex. SO that should do i got it for 28 bucks on newegg.com. SO hopefully it does ok. Peace

Back