• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard for i3 3220

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inwell

Registered
Hello,

As im new to this domain,i wish i could get a proper guidance here.

Can intel original DH61WW mb work with i3-3220 ?

when i checked with intel site , it says some Board Revisions are supported for i3-3220 (G23116-204 onwards)

when buying Online,how would i know the Motherboard Revision ? OL stores do not mention that i guess...

please help

regards
np

Yes it will work but it's an old chipset and Ivy Bridge features might not work.

Try the Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 or any H77/B75/Q77/Z77 board

Some online vendors like Newegg let you specify a particular revision number when ordering, either over the phone or in an online Notes field. In the case of the Intel boards, in addition to the revision number being etched into the board, it's also located on the box for easy identification...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
oh ok...
then what will be my best choice of MOBO for i3-3220 that will spare me the headache of BOARD REVISIONS
(if intel original and non intel) (i heard that intel boards are not good these days as compared to old days like i currently own 845 GVSR or 850/865 series )

I will be using 8Gb Ram Max,NO Overclock and will be adding a basic Gforse card in the PC. I will be using 1 Sata HDD with 1 DVD Rw. (all the office PC-no much fancy requirements)

regards

If it's just a home build, then just get the DH61WW, I think it would be the best for your requirements. Intel boards aren't bad, they just lack features that other boards have. But for home/office builds they are the best since they are more than enough for the user at a slightly cheaper price.

thanx avok95

gigabyte boards are better in build quality compared to intel ? ( usually this PC will be on for 12 hrs daily with AutoCad and PhotoShop work to be done...

btw for i3 3220 + 8GB + Basic GForse(1Gb) +1 500GB SATA + 1 DVDRW how much wattage of PSU i need ?

regards

If there's constant stress on the board, I'd recommend getting a beefier B75 board in order to let it run for years.
But H61 is fine too. Top quality brands are MSI, Asus and Gigabyte.
You don't need more than 450W.

Back