• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard sorted... now CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JamesN

Registered
Hi guys,
I got myself a new MSI Z370M Gaming pro AC motherboard and a Corsair 240mm cooler.
So, which CPU would you recommend?!
The system is really only used for sim racing in VR, iracing/rFactor and raceroom.
I'm not great with this stuff but being on here has been a learning experience!
I think I've narrowed it down to either;
They all seem available at a reasonable price, although I'm not sure why the 8086 seems cheap ish as I believe it's the highest standard clock speed?
Any advice/pros/cons would be awesome :)
Thanks guys!
James

9600K and Z390 mobo.

Otherwise, you will have to flash that new motherboard with an older chip to get it to work with your new one. ;)

I thought you were going to get an 8600K already?

9600K and Z390 mobo.

Otherwise, you will have to flash that new motherboard with an older chip to get it to work with your new one. ;)

I thought you were going to get an 8600K already?
I was but was advised to wait and see the spec of the new CPUs that I believe are released this week :)
I've already got the Z370 motherboard now, should have probably got the 390 then I guess :(

Again, it will, with a bios update. ;)

If you happen to be lucky enough to have that bios or later already installed on the board, it will work out of the box.

Again, it will, with a bios update. ;)

If you happen to be lucky enough to have that bios or later already installed on the board, it will work out of the box.
Oh, I see!
Cheers for that, could have been very annoying!!
I don't think i want to buy something that I may not be able to get working so I'm going to go with the 8700K or the 8086K then.
Cheers for that, I'll have a look around for one.

Last edited:
Back