• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED MS Office Expired??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Just received this email from a good friend:

"I purchased this Dell laptop in December 2011 and ordered MS Office as part of the package -- this morning none of my Word files will open because it says I need to purchase MS Office. Do these things expire? I thought once you bought them, it was permanent."

Your friend needs to call support and see if there is an issue with his activation code.

By the way, upcoming new version of Adobe Photoshop will not be permanent. Yearly subscription only. Slowly but surely, they will be switching to the subscription business model with software... But your friend's copy should not be affected.

Your friend needs to call support and see if there is an issue with his activation code.

By the way, upcoming new version of Adobe Photoshop will not be permanent. Yearly subscription only. Slowly but surely, they will be switching to the subscription business model with software... But your friend's copy should not be affected.

C6,

Thank you. I did recommend Dell Support to him. I searched a little for him and found a these two links:

http://www.zdnet.com/microsofts-off...happens-when-subscriptions-expire-7000010498/

http://www.zdnet.com/microsofts-off...happens-when-subscriptions-expire-7000010498/

Your Adobe comment reminded me of a possible MS Office rental.

I'm trying to get the "whole story" so I don't know if these links are relevant.

Does your friend have Office 365? Which is subscription based it seems (both links go to the same article, note).

Does your friend have Office 365? Which is subscription based it seems (both links go to the same article, note).

Joe, he told me he has Office 2010. I told him to find his Dell invoice and / or call them because I have the feeling I don't have a complete story here.....

"I had the Dell bundled MS Office which was a "Starter" version -- I had to buy a full version for $139."

Now here is the whole truth and nothing but the truth! :rofl:

Back