• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7T 266 specs Via ddr board, it is sweet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Here it is just bought me this board today with a 1.2 t birdy pc 266 and 256 crucial pc 2100 ram, now just gotta get a good power supply. Cpu support is now up to 2.0 I have been told, it will take the 1.4 no prob.

A friend has this board and benchmarks may be behind the 761 chipset by 1% -2%. stability has been great and he is running a 1.2 at 1.33 with a a delta cfm38 heatsink. Cost is less plus you get three dimm slots which is a bonus. I have found MSI support to be good and they are on the 5th or 6th bios release. I had considered the K7 Master but they have only updated bios a second time and I see a few complaining about this issue. Only thing I am concerned with is the USB dropout issue cause I am not that computer savy yet to figure these quirky things out LOL. I have switched from Intel PIII 700 running at 875 on an MSI i815 mobo which I have had no problems, but gonna give AMD a try!! I bought the board (non raid version) for $168.00 canadian here in Vancouver BC Canada (about $110 US) thought that is pretty good deal.

CPU

Support Socket A for AMD® Athlon™ / Duron™ / Palomino™ Processors
Supports 600MHz ~ 1.4GHz processor

Chipset
VIA® VT8633 (552BGA) Chipset
-- FSB @ 200/266MHz
-- AGP 4x and PCI Advanced high performance memory Controller

VIA® VT8233 (376BGA) Chipset
-- High Bandwidth Vlink Client controller
-- Integrated Faster Ethernet LPC (Optional CNR card support)
-- Integrated Hardware Sound Blaster /Direct Sound AC'97 audio
-- Ultra DMA 33/66/100 master mode PCI EIDE controller
-- ACPI

FSB
Supports 66/100/133MHz FSB

Main Memory

Support six memory banks using three 184-pin DDR DIMM.
Support a maximum memory size up to 3GB.
Supports 2.5v DDR SDRAM DIMM
Slots

One CNR (Communication Network Riser).

One AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) or AGP Pro slot.
¥° Note : AGP Pro only for K7T266 Pro-R
-- AGP specifcation compliant.
-- Support AGP 2.0 1x/2x/4x
Five 32-bit Master PCI Bus slots.
Supports 3.3v/5v PCI bus Interface.

On-Board IDE

An IDE controller on the VIA VT8233 chipset provides IDE HDD/CD-ROM with PIO, Bus Master and Ultra DMA 33/66/100 operation modes. Can connect up to four IDE devices.

Audio
Chip integrated (2 channel S/W audio)
--Direct Sound AC97 Audio

On-Board Peripherals
On-Board Peripherals include:
-- 1 Floppy port supports 2 FDD with 360K, 720K, 1.2M, 1.44M and
2.88M bytes.
-- 2 Serial ports (COM A+COM B)
-- 1 Parallel port supports SPP/EPP/ECP mode
-- 1 IrDA connector for SIR/ASKIR/HPSIR
-- 1 Audio/Game port

BIOS
The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.

Dimension
30.4 cm(L) x 23.5 cm(W)ATX Form Factor

Mounting
6 mounting holes.

Special Functions
USB Interface (Optional)

USB 2.0 HC On Board (Optional)
-- Support 4 USB 2.0 ports via extemal bracket

USB PC2PC Networking Function (Optional)
-- Controlled by USB PC2PC Controller
-- Supported by the JUSB2 pin header

6 USB Ports (Optional)
-- Controlled by VT8233 Soughbirdge
-- 2 rear ports and 4 port supported by JUSB2 & JUSB3

Cisco Kid

MSI K7T 266 Pro

I just ordered mine today with a 1.33Ghz Tbird and 256Mb Crucial DDR. I cant wait to get it in. Let me know if there are any secrets you discover.

right on ocman

well you let me know if you discover any secrets as well, mine was not in today, I had planned to get the lite version but instead went for the full board with raid, something new to me can not wait to start playing with it, wanted the 1.33 but got the 1.2 , btw what are you gonna use for heatsink and fan.

I just bought a Global win delta 38 cfm fan to put on my global win fop 32 heatsink , and a single sunon case fan to exhaust for now. I will be in touch as I am not to familiar in setting this system up in the bios area to max out performance. Also what is your rig and the power suplly you will use??

cisco kid

There has been a patch released for the usb dropout issue but it is not helping everyone. I have this board and i am still having probs with the usb. Also my memory scores are lower than they should be for this chipset. I am using the latest 4in1's and bios 1.4 with micron 256mb pc2100 ddr

My Rig

I am housing the system in a Chenbro Genie Junior that has been modded Identical to Ian's over a 2cooltek. The fans are all quiet panaflo's and they are excellent. I Have an enermax 365 Power Supply, 2 IBM 65 GXPs 7200 RPM, Gainward GF3, And a Soundblaster live for sound. And of course 2 NIC's One for my cable modem and the other for the Home network.

Back