• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z370m Gaming Pro no MCE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

I looked at all the settings on my board and there doesn't seem to be an "enhanced turbo" setting. The cores on my i7-8700 (non-k) are pegged at 4.6Ghz on gaming and I don't want the extra heat...

Any ideas?

Thanks

If all cores are at 4.6 (you sure?) isnt mce working? All core turbo is 4.3ghz or something like that.

Well, I messed up. After getting a newer version of CPUz I was able to see the proper core speed and it is 4.3Ghz when all cores are active. Somehow the earlier version was displaying 4.6Ghz and 46 multi.

But I still am not sure about an MCE setting on this motherboard. Under expert mode there is no setting that seems to be related to turbo enhancement. Not that it matters much for me now, just wondering if MSI has a different name for it, or if that feature is only avail on K cpus?

Well, I messed up. After getting a newer version of CPUz I was able to see the proper core speed and it is 4.3Ghz when all cores are active. Somehow the earlier version was displaying 4.6Ghz and 46 multi.

But I still am not sure about an MCE setting on this motherboard. Under expert mode there is no setting that seems to be related to turbo enhancement. Not that it matters much for me now, just wondering if MSI has a different name for it, or if that feature is only avail on K cpus?

On MSI Enhanced Turbo enabled is MCE, if you have that option with a non k?

Check at the very bottom of the OC section for CPU options. If it's available it should be there

Back