• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Z68MA-G45 (B3) Failure to boot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

misterphilly

I've just completed a newly assembled computer. it contains a MSI Z68MA-G45 (B3) mainboard, an Intel Core i3 3240 Processor, and a RaidMax ATX12V power supply. With no other computer components attached, and only a VGA monitor + USB keyboard and mouse are connected to the back panel, i start up the computer only to hear the fans power on for a few seconds, hear four (4) short beeps, then for the system to power off and repeat the whole process over again.

It will not boot into any operating system or any peripheral i could attach it to. This is literally the only thing i can get the computer to do, and it's very frustrating and taking up more of my time than i'd prefer.

No RAM installed? Also make sure that besides the 24-pin ATX connector, you've also connected the PSU to the ATX 4-pin JPWR2 power connector.

Sorry forgot to mention. I've also got two 2GB 1333Mhz DDR3 memory modules installed in every outer slot. (the motherboards manual said to install them that way) they are 240-pin, unbuffered and non-ecc registered.
I have the full 20+4 pin power connections installed, as well as the power & LED on/off pins. Nothing else ( SATA drives, optical, video cards, etc) is installed as I can't even get the most essential parts to function properly.

Back