• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1700+ T-Bred O/C experience, pretty darned good!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So far I got mine up to 2000 first try default voltage booted windows but unstatble prime gonna go up the voltage a tad and try for higher.

So far I still at 2000 tried going 2160 at 1.75 got to windows but was reall unstable then went to 1.85 and my computer shut itself off went 1.9 and it did the same I think I PU might be holding me back right now I'm buring in with prime 2000 at 1.75 any suggestions are welcome.

Got it to stop turning itself off by turning off watchdog timer on my Mobo. I think it is heat that is holding me back now as it is gertting pretty warm. I have an SK7 that should come tomorrow with a new fan as well that should help but in the meantime I'd like to burn it in what is the preferred methood take it as high as you can get stable throw as much juice as you're comfortable with and run prime? So far not a great OC but I'm satisfied and I think I can get it to go higher with the SK7 and some burning in.

Shawn

Last edited:
OK Prime95 ran almost 15hrs on 10.0X200 = 2000Mhz Which i think it's very stable. Just the strange thing is My temps are CPU=32C Case=23C at Full Load. Is this possible? temps readings are taken by MBM5 ,USDM and SisoftSandra and all showing the same readings. EPox 8rda+ , SLK800 with Delta Fan.

HERE ARE THE RESULTS (thusfar):

-- JIUCB 0251 --

1700+ TbredB @ 2002, 1.725V
256MB Corsair XMS3200 C2 @ 167, 2-2-2-4, 2.9V
EPoX 8RDA+ w/ stock NB cooler
Vantec 6040 copper HSF, low spd fan

Since we all know that the stock cooler on the 8RDA+ severely limits overclockability and general stability, the numbers aren't final. I'll be putting a Vantec Copper Iceberg on the sucker tomorrow (as well as a SB heatsink), and I expect to get over 2200 Mhz on mediocre air cooling once it is installed (without a better cooler, the NForce2 boards are EXTREMELY unstable and will refuse to OC very well).

I'm loving it, and the person I built the workstation for (isn't it nice to be able to OC the f*ck out of other people's machines???), is loving it even more, and will probably cream their panties when I boost the speed and FSB some more (this RAM can handle 2-2-2-4 at over 190, tested). The JIU*B 0251 chips are winners, and they are now less than $50 at Newegg ... I have another one in the mail to go into another workstation, and that one should be built on Monday ... good times.

Running my little beast at 1938@1,69vcore right now.
Its a 1700+ Jiucb w51. My mobo is maxxed out now at 12.5x155 so i cant findout where the limit is.. :( Im cooling it with a Volcano 9@2500rpm.

Quite a difference to my 1700+ palomino wich would max out at 1700 with watercooling and 1.94v :D

Finished the first 24 hours of burnin without a hitch at 2000 1.9v although it only needed 1.7 to do that prime stable. So I bumped her up to 2160 180X12 @ 1.8v BTW anyone know how I can get the 12.5 multi to appear in bios on an 8k3a+ all I Can find is 12 then it jumps to 13 which won't work till I find the balls to pop the bridge.

Shawn

Update, managed to get my mobo and ram stable at 166mhz fsb, running the 1700+@ 166x12 1.73vcore now :D

Back