• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 9800 Pro 128mb an R350 or R360? I found something weird!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kevinl86

Ok, I was just wandering. Today i did a Heatsink upgrade (VGA Silencer) to my 9800 Pro 128MB Graphics card (made by ATI). When i removed the heatsink, It stated on the core itsself that its an R360... Yet when i did a BIOS DUMP in ATITool it said in the .bin that it's and R350? Anyone know which one is correct or if there's an explanation for this??
Thanks!

-Kevin

Yeah, all 9800 Pro BIOSes are written for R350 cores. They don't have support for the R360 functions. The fix for this is to get yourself a 9800XT BIOS.

Yours is basically a disabled XT.

Just make sure it can run at 412/365 before flashing it or mod an XT bios to run at lower speeds if need be.

yeah do what TimoneX says...thats imperative. Next, be one VERY happy man that u have a that core heheh its a cool core, and now u get to flash ur BIOS! and get more shaders and stuffs...woo hoo!

Nice!

Excellent guys!! I am very excited to start flashing! I just wanted to make sure on a couple things. I am assuming that since the core states it's an R360 then it is. The Atitool must be false or like you said "restricted". The reason it has the R360 must be because it is a newer version of the 9800 pro(Though it is made by ATI)? It was bought at circut city on the first of january. So that is good for my sake! Second, you are sure that the 9800xt core/mem speeds are 412/365? Thanks for the reassuring and does anyone have any links to the appropriate BIOS and flash tool etc?
Thanks for the help guys!!

Back