• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my bro is gettting out of memory errors sometimes after long time of playing :|

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

well he has 512 rdram its at 4x and 112 fsb on the cpu, so ram should b runnig faster (133+12) than cpu right? he has a p4t-e mobo and [email protected] ghz. i turned the graphics memory from 256 to 128 hoping this will help so ill see soon but he has a 128 meg ddr ti4400 so i dont see how this could cause it.. side effects with low memory are like sound loss right? cause that happens too :|
o yea and last question would agp fast write enabled have anything to do wit this?

tnx

max

Almost guaranteed you aren't really running out of memory with that badass machine. Better chance that some program is simply not using memory right, and crashing itself. Tell your buddy to start thinking about reinstalling his OS, or at least his vid drivers and the game that is crashing. And of course make sure the game is the only thing running :D

well he has folding i dont think that would use memory wrong..
also should i just reinstall the os over the existing install so all the stuff would stay?
and warcraft 3 doesnt do it.. it happens in the bf1942 demo and neverwinter nights, but the latter game has some texture error during install which might have caused this
plus i even put the virtual memory at 1024/1024 ... so even if it ran out of memory it should have plenty that..

if you reinstall teh OS, do it right- format the drive first.

But that is really drastic, try reinstalling the games that are messing up first. Like Crystal said, reinstall the OS only as a last resort. A few crashing games is not worth a reinstall, IMHO.

The huge Virtual memory you set may be affecting it also, try lowering the minimum to something more reasonable, 256mb or so. Don't need a big pagefile with that fat wad of 512MB RAM :D

its interesting its bf1942 thats buggy i think cause its memory management sux, when i quit out the free ram pops to 430 right away.. :|

ok
max

Back