• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My crazy fast network speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mysubaruimp

Just thought you guys might like to see my network speed of a job I am at today.

2005-01-18 10:57:46 EST: 22906 / 20274
Your download speed : 23456151 bps, or 22906 kbps.
A 2863.2 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 20761245 bps, or 20274 kbps.

:drool

Imagine the possibilties

prntscrn

untitled.jpg

Cant link to it because it wont save the page on their site, I tried.

meionm said:
Nice so what do you do with that much speed

Just imagine downloading 1gig of pr0n in under 1 minute. :beer:

I want to go buy like 50 servers and set them all up, but I have nothing to serve.

Actually it is the backbone for a college. I am not sure what the cabling is, possibly better than a T3, but not sure.

I worked at a school a while ago that had an OC3 connection, but I couldnt get anywhere near the hub to get a good reading.

Looks like a partial T3 there. 22Mbps or so, maybe a full one but only about half was available or something. That's pretty awesome. They limit us to about 8Mbps here on the LAN. I work for a local ISP, Icehouse.net.

Damn thats fast.....

I just installed FIOS at home and get 15Mbps/2Mbps... I thought that was fast but compared to yours I guess not

trey_w said:
Damn thats fast.....

I just installed FIOS at home and get 15Mbps/2Mbps... I thought that was fast but compared to yours I guess not

:drool:

Oh how I wish that Verizon would get Fios out here. Or how I wish any other isp would also offer something like Fios.

Oh I can't wait for the Fiber Optics gets out here. Hope there testing goes fast I want FAST connection with cheaper price. Besides when that hits, cable fee's will go down or faster speed. Either way I'm looking forward to Verizon to expand there system. And fast :D

I got 4 mbps down / 1 mbps up over here...costs me (well..my parents) 50€ a month. What would be the cost for a T3 line?

I doubt if it would be less €/mbps

Bah. I think that is one of the tests you can trick into giving you inflated results. Post the link, and I'll see if I can get a 20M connection on it.

I've gotten downloads over 15 MB/sec, not sustained. Sustained more around 8. That's about the maximum throughput of a 100 Mbps network, which I'm on. Upload is capped at 128 KB/sec though. KB, not Kb, and MB, not Mb.

Back