• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first window mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tatanka

Well, after my son got a hold of one of my screwdrivers and went buck wild on the side of my antec case, I decided to finally come around and mod the darn thing.... only 2 hours of cutting with my RTX (borrowed a jigsaw but was too lazy to drive to the store to buy metal cutting blades :D )... I'll add dual ccl's later and some new led fans as well (gotta buy some black vinyl dye so I can get rid of the ugly purple color of those fan holders... ugh)... I also need to clean up my wiring a bit more as I'm not really satisfied with what I did so far... let me know what you think:D

link

It looks like a clean job and the inside is looking good too the only thing was on the bottom where you kid dug it in deap :eek: you could use a matching nail polish to clean that mark up (test the polish on the inside of the case to get your best match / like with car tuch ups ;) )

yeah... I was gonna cut a small piece of the side panel up so I could bring it to a car shop that has matching touch up paint... if not I wouldn' mind doing a dual tone color scheme outside or maybe even cut out more of the window so I can at least get rid of the big scratch (just wait till my son's old enough to own stuff that he really likes... then I'll scratch the hell out of it when he's at school :D)... I've also been meaning to try and paint the interior of the case (maybe black or red to match my motherboard)as well... geez... once you start modding you just can't stop... arggh!!! stoopid computer hobby..... lol :D

What kind of tubing is that? The stuff that you used to cover the power cables? And where did u find it. I need something just like that to cover up my ugly power cables in my case.

Did the power leads fit through the tube, or did you have to slice the tube longways?

diggingforgold said:
What kind of tubing is that? The stuff that you used to cover the power cables? And where did u find it. I need something just like that to cover up my ugly power cables in my case.

Did the power leads fit through the tube, or did you have to slice the tube longways?

I think its called split wire loom and yes it's already split down the center... I picked it up in the electronics section of orchard supply store... they come in different sizes I think the one I used was 3/8" or 1/4... the only colors they had their were white and black but when I was buying the molding to go around my window edges at kragan, I saw the same stuff in red, blue, yellow, green over near their electrical components...

Last edited:
The hardest thing for me was waiting for my RTX to cut through my side panel... Cutting the lexan was easy (used a jigsaw) and puting the molding on took all of five minutes... I used velcro tape to secure the window to the side panel... The only problem I really had was the molding was directly over the the locks that secure the removable 3.5" drive bays to the case and it was preventing me from putting the side panel on (doh!) I was gonna dremel off the tabs in order to clear off room for the panel to go in, but I ended up first straigtening the tabs then bending them down 90 degrees... After that everything fit just fine :D

Back