• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my leadtek is extremely hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so.... if i would like to put another hsf on the back side of the card, i should stick it with silicone?

i have had such terrible luck with video cards the past couple of months, my first 2 gainwards sucked, so i got a refund, then i got the leadtek 4400, had it installed for about a week or so, my friend turned on my comp, and goes what the hell is wrong with it, it had vertical striped running up and down the screen. so now its on its way back, and i dont know what to do, should i get the 9700? the albatron 4200 turbo? a 4600? i have no idea. oh and by the way, have any of you guys with the 8kha+ had any problems with the resistors right behind the agp slot? the 4200 fit, but it was REALLY close.

okay, now it's not about the overlocking anymore, something is really wrong with the card as i said, in Mohaa there're draw-errors pretty often. like i see white lines or the door jst black/white for one second.

Silversinksam said:
Before I watercooled my leadtek I simply placed a 50mm x50mm x10mm fan on the rear heatsink(used rubber washers to elevate the fan and control vibration affixed with silicone glue for e-z removal)

This did a pretty good job cooling the backside of the card, and since the heatsink is one piece it cooled the whole heatsink somewhat, its a $3 mod that works.

I got the same thing on my card... does make a bit of difference to the chip temp but H2O would be beter;)

do you know if you might have gotten any as3 on anything else besides the core? if so, that could be why... you might have just lost the gpu though or the memory is failing. i would say that it is fairly likely to be the memory. i have had 2 other geforce 4's that have done the memory failure thing and they acted like you described.

Back