• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Razer Blackwidow Chroma needs a heavy cleaning and I'm scared ****less.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

Simple as the title say I need to do a "deep cleaning" of my Chroma but am utterly terrified.

Can I use 90% alcohol on these components and I have 0 idea how to pull these keys without damaging them and the switches.

I know it seems trivial but for a keyboard I paid $150 for it's like solid gold to me.

I love this thing but I am a filthy creature who eats, drinks and smokes at his workstation.

The switches appear to be designed similar to Cherry branded ones, so you should be able to pull the caps off with any generic key puller. I usually pull one row off at a time, starting with the top row (usually the F-keys), and working my way down, and clean the caps with soap and water or a damp cloth, depending on how dirty they are. As for the area where the switches are, I would just use damp Q-tips, as I'm not sure how the LEDs would react to alcohol.

Back