• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My server's email is counted as spam??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ludivous_Kain

Got an interesting dilema. I've no clue on how to fix it, either.

I'm running a webserver from my internet connection. Its a dynamic IP right now, but will be changed to a static one as soon as I can change ISPs. The domain isn't a problem, neither is the DNS. The problem lies a bit deeper...

On this server, I also have an email client installed. Similar to Microsoft Exchange Server, actually. Anyway, I can send and recieve email with no problem. However, for some reason all email I send is counted as spam. We do no advertising, nor do we do anything else that may have blacklisted us as a deliverer of spam. What, if anything, can be done to stop this annoying thing?

i have seen alot of residential ip's get black listed because they are usually the ones for targets of trojans that would launch mail bombs, check the black list sites and try and get it removed.

Yeah. I suspected something similar, but I don't like to make an asumption about something without hearing someone else's input. I wonder if it'll corrected once I switch to a static IP (Sprint DSL for Businesses). Different IP list, so I hope it'll not be blacklisted.

Never heard of black list sites, but I'll do some reasearch after I finish this paper for my class. (I HATE core curriculum...)

Back