• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My summer plan; will it work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lincolnompa

Alright, so lately I have been thinking about what I might do next summer to get some money. I had this idea of running a service where I backup the music that people have on their ipods to hard drives and store them until they might run into a problem. I see it as a type of insurance policy. Do you guys think this idea might be something I could make some summer cash with?

sorry, but i don't think so. people don't see it as enough of a problem. and wouldn't almost all of them also have all the music on their home computer?

Thoughts:

You save their music to their harddrives or yours?
-- Theirs - probably have it there already....
-- Yours - hum... look at all this free music I got, that people are paying ME for...

Considering those ideas
-- People do it themselves
-- Legal issues

Don't see this as a good idea... not only do I not see a market for this, I don't see this as legit...

Hmm, guess my post never went through. Anyway since you do not own the rights to the music you have no legal right to store it. At best you could maybe offer a survice of converting songs from one format to another, or burning them to CD for people if like say they want it on CD not their IPOD or the other way around.

Back