• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Water Cooled Project: Tower 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
case22.JPG

This is the case nearing completion. You can see that the diamond plat has been installed. As you can see the paint looks much better now after having the clear coat applied and sanded. Also pictured up top is the Danger Den fill-port and my Weapon radiator with shroud. Here you can see that paint looks much better. Also, the bottom looks a little rough, but I have an idea that will show up later on how to finish the bottom section.

case23.JPG

Same as above but with the front face plate installed. There is going to be some mesh work in the front and the top.

case24.JPG

Just a close up of the main part for the cooling system.

flamerail said:
Looking good!! That rad shroud is really big isnt it?

It is HUGE. I think most people mount the fans "inside" it, but it fits this way so I am going to try it.

flamerail said:
Yeah I dont think those would fit in there.... but thinner fans might. You should put some on the inside to! :D NEED MORE POWER!!!! (**tim alan laugh**)

That would be a great idea, can't ever have too many fans! Actually, although it does not look it, when the motherboard is installed, there is about an inch of clearance between the front of the fans and the edge of the motherboard (check the fit today). :cool:

MORE UPDATES!!

Now it is time to cool the rest of the computer down. Pictured here you can see my two 120mm fans, and the gel like gaskets that will be installed to hopefully cut down on the noise. These two bad boys are going up top.

case29.JPG

case25.JPG

Above and to the left you can see the 'custom' pump mounting plate that I made. The picture to the right shows the mounting bracket installed just waiting for the pump.

case26.JPG

The pump has been installed! Time to get it hooked up.

case27.JPG

The tygon is being routed here. This system will not use a reservoir (all of my other systems have always used a reservoir). It will instead use the pictured t-line filling method. Some say this method is better then using a reservoir, guess I will find out. You can also see that the pump has been installed.

case28.JPG

The first couple of hardware items that are going in is a Sony CD-ROM and a removable hard disk drive cage. These really do come in handy.

case32.JPG

It is finally coming together. You can see pictured here the back and bottom brackets for the power supply have been installed. They were also painted black much like the rest of the case.

case33.JPG

The power supply has been installed. It is a little different in that it sits sideways in the case, I am not sure why this design was chosen but I think it looks pretty cool.

case30.JPG

Time to start adding all of the mesh. The piece pictured above is obviously unfinished, but I think it is going to be a really cool look. The fan behind it has blue LED's built in.

case31.JPG

Here is what the top looks like with the mesh finished and installed (without the fans).

cooling2.JPG

A rough placement of the water cooling components. You will see that I thought I had all the routing figured out, but I didn't. The whole idea of mounting the pump up top and some other choices was so that there would not be any 'sharp' bends. But, there needs to be a 90 degree elbow installed near the GPU water block (pictured later) oops!

cooling1.JPG

The picture pretty much sums it up. The test fitting of the CPU water block.

cooling3.JPG

Time to fill it up and test for leaks. I ran out of the plastic hose clamps and had to use some of the larger screw type. They don't look as good but they really hold up good. Here you can also see my custom 'system filler upper'. It really works good.

After about 10 minutes the input for the CPU block started to leak but once I moved the clamp and re-tightened it I have not had a problem since.

case35.JPG

System has been filled up and running for several hours by now with no leaks.

case34.JPG

Up top both fans have been mounted as well as the steel mesh. I think the mesh looks really good and it is much better then simply using regular fan guards. Also pictured you can see my new 80 Gig Western SATA Drive. Can't wait to get it up and running.

Last edited:
hardware2.JPG

Just received this in the mail today, can't wait to test it out!

case36.JPG

We are jumping ahead a little, but I really wanted to show the case as it sits right now. The GPU block has not been installed because I could not get it to stop leaking (hence the double hose clamps). But the rest of the system is working great. You can see that some more mesh has been installed up front.

where is the GPU block leaking at?

i had a leak on the GPu block also when i had that one.

what i did was take the barbs off and then basically wrapped each barb with plumbers tape and then tightend them back down, and BAM! no more leaks.

honhon said:
where is the GPU block leaking at?

i had a leak on the GPu block also when i had that one.

what i did was take the barbs off and then basically wrapped each barb with plumbers tape and then tightend them back down, and BAM! no more leaks.

Actually, the GPU it self is not leaking. The 90 degree elbow that runs from the pump to the GPU is what was leaking. But, the double clamps seem to be working for now. It hasn't leaked for 2 days now.

Was there any silicone or anything on the barbs when you took them apart (or just the o-ring)? I don't want it to leak since it would take out my nice sound card!

Looking good man! :cool: I love your fan grills. That modders mesh is the most handy stuff. I also like your dimond plating. It gives the computer a rugged look

nice work bro! keep it up

Back