• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEC MultiSync 1250+ has double image

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

OK, I just got this monitor and there is a second ghost image 1/4 inch to the right of everything that's displayed. It makes the text hard to read. It's not burn in because it changes with the images on screen. Apparently something is out of alignment? I've gone through the OSD and can't find anything that fixes it. Any suggestions?

To me, it just sounds like its dying. How old is it, and how much use has it gotten? Are there any magnets around, or other things that can mess with the display (I'm assuming its a CRT)? Things like that can screw up the image. Also, have you tried degaussing it? Other than it being interference, again I think its dying. Hope you get it fixed.

Kenshin Himura

There's nothing around it that is causing this. I removed/turned off/disabled every magnetic/electronic device within 3 ft. (my tower was next to it at first and my Mag 3 was making the image shake like crazy) I have deguassed it.

Now I think it may be dying as well. I bought it used from ebay, it was one of those "corporate lease" CRT's. It does have a 2 year warranty so I'll check with the seller.

Could a poor quality VGA cable cause it? I'm using a Belkin F2N028-06, it's recommended for under 19", this is 22".

Ahh, all better now. I just got another VGA cable and the problem went away. Now to return this crap cable to CompUSA. The new cable cost 1/2 of what the crappy Belkin did.

Back