• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new phone, any input would be appreciated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leurk

Would it be wise to get an HTC One M8, due to the fact that I don't really have the cash for a new M9 as it's going to be retailed at 649$ in the U.S.
On another note, I would also like to get a Samsung Note 3, as my girlfriend has one and it's really awesome. I've never had an HTC and was wondering basically an M8 or a Note 3?
I don't really use phones heavily, I travel every now and then and usually that's when I'd play some games. I use my phone primarily for texting, calls, few social media apps.
I like the size of a Note but the HTC has really caught my eye. If there is any users of one of these phones please give an input.

TL;DR - M8 or Samsung note 3

Open to other options as well.

Oh right, I have Metro PCS but I think I might be going to T-Mobile soon. I forgot to mention I want it (or preferred) it to be Unlocked, sorry about that.

I looked at the Sony Z2, what a great phone from what I read. I have cut out the Note 3 though. I'm on a seesaw between the M8 and the Z2 now after some thinking.

I might go with a brand new phone when they're released in April. I'm thinking about doing a contract because ideally, I wanted a flagship phone to hold on to for probably 2ish years anyway.

Last edited:
I almost bought a M8 phone recently, mostly because of it's gorgeous look and feel. only two features kept me away from it, the lack of wireless charging and the lack of always-on voice recognition, which is why I went, somewhat reluctantly with the Nexus 6. If these features dont matter to you then go with the M8, the M9 is only a small upgrade. Boomsound speakers are awesome. Just make sure it can go on the carrier you want, also see if there is a unlocked version that can go on all carriers. the models you get from ATT, Verizon, et al. are variants of the original phone that have certain channels blocked at the factory to diminish your ability to switch carriers

I'm a big fan of my LG G3, FWIW. It's powerful, fast and the battery lasts a very long time (roughly five hours screen on time and all the standby I could ever need). Here are my thoughts on it. My only complaint is that its design is a little too perfect...I don't want to have a case on it to use it, and without one I'd surely drop it and kill it. But if that's the only complaint I can come up with, you know it's pretty good. :D

Would it be wise to get an HTC One M8, due to the fact that I don't really have the cash for a new M9 as it's going to be retailed at 649$ in the U.S.
On another note, I would also like to get a Samsung Note 3, as my girlfriend has one and it's really awesome. I've never had an HTC and was wondering basically an M8 or a Note 3?
I don't really use phones heavily, I travel every now and then and usually that's when I'd play some games. I use my phone primarily for texting, calls, few social media apps.
I like the size of a Note but the HTC has really caught my eye. If there is any users of one of these phones please give an input.

TL;DR - M8 or Samsung note 3

Open to other options as well.

Note 3: bigger screen s-pen better colors some samsung features
but it has some bloat(most of it is gone on my note 4 but i don't know about note 3)
I heard that the leather wears down easily

its hard to carry it, trust me! unless you have a bag or something

One m8: Amazing speakers! I mean amazing...
amazing build quality!
but its tall and colors are washed out to me!
4MP camera! but its decent! unless you zoom or something :D
its also really tall!

if you want a decent quality compact phone i would recommend the M8
if you want a phone that can take notes and some awesome stuff with The s-pen (it also acts as a mouse on the browser! you can hover and crop stuff and write on screen or calender)

Back