• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on new grafix card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
grusso7 said:
Thanks SImGuy,
I remember that when I upgraded mydiamond card with 2mb or ram to my intel 1x AGP with 8 meg of ram I really thought that the industry has taken a leap forward on video graphics, then again almost 2 years ago when I got my ti4200 I found another huge advanced in graphics very realistic graphics and reflections nice scenary specially when playing falcon 4.0 etc. So for what you said about the images not being photorealistic in my case it will be wise to wait a couple of years before an upgrade since I will not notice a huge leap forward as I'm used to.

I think it really depends on what you do. If you plan to play any of the new high end games that are supposed to be coming out like doom 3 and HL2, your TI 4200 simply won't cut it. I'm planning to save my pennys to pick up either the 6800gt or the x800 when doom 3 comes out, though this 335 deal is almost too good to pass up. If I had the money now, I would jump on this.

I think the PNY GT with the dual molex and some water cooling may be the sweetest deal around. It will more than likely surpass the Ultra by a bit and possibly more. My GT OC (BFG) will clock up to 422 when its cool in my office in the morning, as we havent had AC in almost 2 months. My Ultra will hit 461 at home but its much cooler there, about 20F difference. I have WB comming for both and will report my results. $335 for the PNY sounds super, keep us posted.

From what I see, the 6800s are limited to heat, not power. Most pplz OCing them get above 80-90c* idle temps.:eek:

Mine's gonna be nice and cool however, Im slappin my SK7 on it.

Back