• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an upgrade on my PSU, want more power!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dom Bruv

Registered
Okay so I want to make my pc a little bit better for gaming bit by bit as I don't have much money atm.

Here is what I have:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X2 560 69 °C
Callisto 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N68T-M-LE-V2 (AM3) 73 °C
Graphics
ACER S271HL (1360x768@60Hz)
1024MB ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (XFX Pine Group) 47 °C
Hard Drives
466GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-00YGA SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 35 °C
Optical Drives
Optiarc DVD RW AD-5260S SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
VIA High Definition Audio

What PSU do you currently have? For that system a quality 450W PSU will be plenty. If you plan on upgrading to any other high end GPU or CPU, a quality 550W is PLENTY even with overclocking. If you plan on SLI/CFx, a 750W PSU is all you would need.

Corsair and Seasonic lines are all solid.

What PSU do you currently have? For that system a quality 450W PSU will be plenty. If you plan on upgrading to any other high end GPU or CPU, a quality 550W is PLENTY even with overclocking. If you plan on SLI/CFx, a 750W PSU is all you would need.

Corsair and Seasonic lines are all solid.

Thanks for the info man! :D

And I'm trying to find out what I have now, will speccy tell me?
On the actually power block it has no manufacture name :\

That is scary... but yeah on the PSU, there should be a sticker on the side. Take a picture of that and host it here.

OCFinsertimages.png

ATX is not the brand, its a form factor. Wattage is fine, but it is important to have a QUALITY PSU as some cheap PSUs or older cannot put out the power they need to cleanly.

Please post a picture of the side of the unit with the label on it as requested above so we can make sure you have something worth holding on to.

ATX is not the brand, its a form factor. Wattage is fine, but it is important to have a QUALITY PSU as some cheap PSUs or older cannot put out the power they need to cleanly.

Please post a picture of the side of the unit with the label on it as requested above so we can make sure you have something worth holding on to.

Attachments

• WP_20130806_001[1].jpg
    WP_20130806_001[1].jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 48
A picture that we could read the label would be best...I cant see squat there. How about some light?

Anyway, chances are, its a POS anyway, LOL! And I would look in to getting another. Corsair CX500 would be a good choice.

A picture that we could read the label would be best...I cant see squat there. How about some light?

Anyway, chances are, its a POS anyway, LOL! And I would look in to getting another. Corsair CX500 would be a good choice.

POS? :p

and sorry dude need to charge phone so flash will work 1 sec :p

Back