• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need cpu cooling... help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boredstiff

Registered
I ran prime 95 and checked my temps. Some temps shown by CPUID hardware monitor were hitting 100c. I barely overclock. I have a 3770k running at 4ghz. What should I do. My case is nice and cool. I guess I need something for the cpu?

Are you using the box standard CPU cooler that came with 3770k? If so you really need to buy a after market cooler like these ones. By the way if the answer is yes to the stock cooler personnel i would turn down your overclock for now. And wait till you get your new cooler installed so as to save any damage to your CPU Chip! AJ. :shrug: :thup:

1, http://www.techspot.com/review/475-cpu-cooler-comparison/

Try reading throu some of the reviews on this site to give you ideas on cooling!

I put the cpu back to stock. Temps are just as high but takes longer to get there. I guess im going for the 212 thing.

Glad your getting a new cooler. When you installed the stock cooler did you make sure the CPU cooler push pins were fully tight? It's kinda odd your temps were are high. Did you remove the plastic cover (thin hard to see) off the stock cooler?

If you have new paste and your experianced, redo it. If not, don't use the PC till you get a better cooler. Something ain't right.

I remounted the stock cooler and everything seems okay. I ran prime 95 for an hour and temps never went above 73c.

Back