• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need fan ventilation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qualhiveldorf

In the front of my case near the bottom, there are mounting holes for a fan but there is no ventilation except through the little crack at the bottom and I have a fan there but its doing no good. Any ideas as to put vents or something

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-182-522-01.JPG

As you can see its got a wierd curve thing in that spot.

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-182-522-04.JPG

Here you can see a fan mount thing in the spot im talking about.

I really have no idea as to how to make that more ventilated. Any ideas welcome

dremel away the bottom edge of the bezel (you never see that anyway...) ;)

edit: and while you've got the bezel off, take away that restrictive mesh blocking your intake... silly thing anyway - how are you gonna accidentally stick a finger through the bezel anyway? :p

Chixofnix said:
dremel away the bottom edge of the bezel (you never see that anyway...) ;)

edit: and while you've got the bezel off, take away that restrictive mesh blocking your intake... silly thing anyway - how are you gonna accidentally stick a finger through the bezel anyway? :p
I agree 100%. This is exactly what I used to do on older cases.

don't make those big openings, make a crisscross pattern with holes about 1/8in. At the usb part, I am figuring you wont be able to drill holes due to the lil box thing that has the wires in it that my computer has and every other case i have seen has. If you don't use that from port, or could stand not using it, then cut it out completely and glue some wire mesh in it's place, a nice shiny chrome looking mesh would be sweet.

I already did the mod and it looks like that pic. And there was no litte box just a small circuitboard. but that mesh idea is good since i have no need for those usb ports

well take a pic!! :D we like pix!
I might suggest some dark, but relatively open fabric to glue behind those holes in the bezel (it'll make em' look "blacker," and will act as a quasi dust filter as well)

if you do need to clean it up (can't tell by your paint skillz... ;)), make sure to use a fine sanding drum on low rpms if you're using a dremel... that's best IME for cleaning up plastic cuts ;)

Yeah just get that Dremal and saw away at that sucker!! Dont be afraid to mess it up it's Modding!:mad: What a NIFTY Case by the way kinda give's me the space feeling " Star Track! ";)

I finally put in the mesh and it looks awesome. I'm now thinking about painting the metal part behind it black so it looks better, but I can truly say, MOD FINISHED!!!!

Back