• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need for MORE power(or not?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Whats the point of debating this out ? Whoever is right or wrong. Its a matter of opinion to some and knowledge to others ;)

Maestro

Henry Rollins II said:
Or just simply forget about the stupid fans. A serious overclocker is using water cooling. :beer:

regards,
Henry.

You will still want a few fans with water cooling, not enough to have a second PSU just to power them, but you will still need fans...

For your setup, go for 300W+ if go for a 400 it will see you well, it will handle any upgrade you throw at it for a good few years....

Nah. It works great with the Antec 300W for now. I even added one more HDD! :eek:

BTW: I got a CPU temp of 49 degrees Celcius, and a case temp of 40 degrees Celcius. :D Ambient=22 degrees. No case fans whatsoever. Whatchu think of that Nick????? :p

regards,
Henry.

Henry Rollins II said:
Nah. It works great with the Antec 300W for now. I even added one more HDD! :eek:

BTW: I got a CPU temp of 49 degrees Celcius, and a case temp of 40 degrees Celcius. :D Ambient=22 degrees. No case fans whatsoever. Whatchu think of that Nick????? :p

regards,
Henry.
dude! a 40c case temp with a 22c ambient?
ahem
thats WAY too high. you need at least 2 fans on there (one intake and one outtake) but thast all you will probably need.
and about your comment about serious overclockers only using watercooling. thats not correct.
i use pelitiers with air cooling and im probably a more serious overclocker than some people with watercooling :p
fans are needed, i just dont trust water flowing so close to my expensive computer stuff :p. i aircool my pelitiers and use loads of neoprene to fend off the evil condensation demons and im just peachy ;)

what the heck is all this...
this forum is suppose to be "G" rated... and as much as i dont wanna be a killer, but i dont think its OK to say others being on illegal subs.....

but neways... wth would u even wanna calulate exactuly what wattage your pc uses neways... just know that if your overclocking and your over 1.2ghz id say you need at least 430w psu.. or a good quality 330w like antec, enermax or sparkle...
i run 300w... and i think thats my hold back..
so just get a 430w and stop this stupid argument about whos on pot and whatever..
just IMO
peace

BigRed said:

dude! a 40c case temp with a 22c ambient?
ahem
thats WAY too high. you need at least 2 fans on there (one intake and one outtake) but thast all you will probably need.
and about your comment about serious overclockers only using watercooling. thats not correct.
i use pelitiers with air cooling and im probably a more serious overclocker than some people with watercooling :p
fans are needed, i just dont trust water flowing so close to my expensive computer stuff :p. i aircool my pelitiers and use loads of neoprene to fend off the evil condensation demons and im just peachy ;)

Naahh...maybe I will use a hairdryer for intake? Still ain´t hot enough. :D

Ok, peltiers, agreed. Thats hardcore too. Most intresteing however, would be a combination of peltier and watercooling, ie. using a peltier element to cool the water.

regards,
Henry.

Go with a 450 PS and we will all sleep better
When in doubt 450!
If your car doesn't Crank 450!
When you want to overclock 450!
When you girl ask you what you are doing tonite, tell her 450!

:beer:

Dissolved said:

but neways... wth would u even wanna calulate exactuly what wattage your pc uses neways... just know that if your overclocking and your over 1.2ghz id say you need at least 430w psu.. or a good quality 330w like antec, enermax or sparkle...
i run 300w... and i think thats my hold back..
so just get a 430w

LOL! Go back to sleep!

Back