• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help buying new laptop for parents

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viola

Registered
hello people, as title suggests my parents asked me to help them out with buying a new laptop, but the thing is i haven't really checked what's new and good on the market in the last couple of years, so i don't know where to start. so i am coming to you for help. the laptop will be primarily used for surfing the internet, playing flash games, skype and accounting work, so excel and the like. my dad MIGHT use it for video editing, but that's not a priority. basically i'm looking for something that is lightweight and compact, has good CPU - i5 or i7 would be great, can have an integrated GPU, preferably 4gb of RAM and at least 500gb of HDD - SSD would be nice but not mandatory. would be good if it has built in SD card reader, dvd player not mandatory. would prefer if it was 1080p. and the last thing, if it has both US and RU keyboard layouts would be excellent. the budget is ~850eur, but if it is 50-100eur here or there is also acceptable. we live in Latvia, if it helps.

thank you in advance! <3

You might get some responses and useful feedback if you post links to the specific models you're looking at. Otherwise it sounds like you're expecting us to go shopping for you. (?)

Id check some reviews on the web... no idea how to shop in latvia.

Honestly, just about any is going to work. Its not like your parents are enthusiasts. They edlxpect it to turn on and work.

Back