• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help picking new motherboard for benching.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
So I managed to kill my gigabyte z97 SOC force:( while benching today. I am looking to pick up a cheaper board to bench on short term. The board needs to be manufactured by gigabyte. I am looking to spend no more than 150 USD including shipping. I am looking to get this delivered by next Saturday as well.

I am currently leaning towards the gigabyte z97-ud3h over at Amazon. I can get it for about 100 USD after rebate with free 2 day shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Any thoughts on this board or a better option.

So I can finish out the gigabyte target oc competition.

Reality is most Z97 board will push about as far as you can go on ambient cooling, if you're just looking for a holdover.

Well I figured I would update this. So after much deliberation and research I decided to go with the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 5 over the ud3h as it seems to have a better vrm section.

This should be arriving by Wednesday so that should give me time to get ready for the next round of the competition.

Back