• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help to get the OCZ gold editions running (PC3 12800 [email protected] DDR3)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaDMAn01

hello people im new to the forum and i need some assistence if possible to get my RAM running properly if possible afcorse

mobo: AsRock fatal1ty z77 professional-M
CPU: i7-3770K @4.0Ghz
memory: OCZ gold edition OCZ3G16000LV4GK [email protected] (4x2GB)
power: sharkoon silent storm icewind black storm edition 650

i tryed to got them running butt my pc keeps rebooting if i setup all to 1600Mhz and 1.65V for DRAM, i think i missed a seeting in order to make it run properly
CPU is now OC to 4.0Hgz
i have them running at 1333MHz and thats ok but i dont get the 1600 working

Are you manually setting speeds and timings or are you enabling XMP?

Also if you are going the manual route what timings do you have set when you tried setting the ram to 1600?

Are you manually setting speeds and timings or are you enabling XMP?

Also if you are going the manual route what timings do you have set when you tried setting the ram to 1600?

8-8-8-16 and raised the dram volt to 1.65V this is all i had set, i dont know what else to set so i think there is the problem
sorry for my bad english, i have no chance on selecting a xmp profile, atleast i dont see that in my bios, gone google for it now
googled but i dont have xmp to select in bios

@wingman99 the way i have it running now or when trying to get the ram running at 1600

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick look in you manual PG.60 shows an option under DRAM Configuration for loading the XMP

From the CPU-Z screenshot the memory is not XMP certified, so you will have to do manual overclocking including the primary timings and voltage. Try 8-8-8-27 @ 1.65V

From the CPU-Z screenshot the memory is not XMP certified, so you will have to do manual overclocking including the primary timings and voltage. Try 8-8-8-27 @ 1.65V

It may still have an XMP profile but may be to far out on the table for cpuz to show it.

If you go the manual route and 8-8-8-27 does not not try some more conservative timings like 9-9-9-27 and then work down one timing at a time. My boards have trained better this way instead of voting right into the tighter settings sometimes.

I would spend some more time looking around for XMP settings though as this is the easiest. Try looking in the drop down for some of the other settings like dram reference clock or something they sometimes tuck it away in obscure places.

This is early DDR3 kit. It was designed for 775 DDR3 boards and first X58. I doubt you make it run fine without manual settings or higher voltages. OCZ was using Micron/PSC/Elpida IC which liked higher voltages. XMP may not work. Just try something like 9-9-9 or 9-8-8 at 1.65-1.75V. It's hard to advice anything more since I can't see how it's acting.

This is early DDR3 kit. It was designed for 775 DDR3 boards and first X58. I doubt you make it run fine without manual settings or higher voltages. OCZ was using Micron/PSC/Elpida IC which liked higher voltages. XMP may not work. Just try something like 9-9-9 or 9-8-8 at 1.65-1.75V. It's hard to advice anything more since I can't see how it's acting.

well looks like the ram is just not good for this mobo or setup so i alreadyn have some other standard ram from a friend in it that is acting stable till mine are sold then i buy newer rams that i can use, any hints where i must pay attention to when i buy the new ones

Back