• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need Help! Video Editing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T.J

Registered
first off, I don't know if I'm in the best location for this thread, but Lets hope so.

I'm finally getting into video editing becuase I'm trying to make a few videos for Youtube about a game. My problem and where my question comes from. I want to know how I could leave the animation of the character doing something, but remove the background from the game and add my own. I've seen it done in a video but whoever had it took it off youtube. I think it would be some kind of water stain?

Also what kind of Video editing software will have the tools for me to do this, please post if you know any. Does Sony Vegas have the tools, that is the software I'm looking into right now.

Thank for your help, please hit me up ASAP. :)

Typically what you do is generate an alpha layer or a mask that goes along with those frames. In Broadcast the movie industry they do a similar effect called Chroma keying where they throw a green or blue screen behind something and they remove the color values equal to that color from the image (hollywood goes through and refines this even more by converting the chroma key into a mask so they can clean up the little bits here and their that leave jagged edges or partial color bleed.

Most decent video editing software should support this. I personally have never used vegas, but being that its a somewhat professionaly target application i would be surprised it it didn't offer such options.

Its been a good almost 12 years since I have worked with any of the software out there on professional level, but i would be suprised if the current software didn't offer improvements on such features so you don't have to do quite as much per frame editing, to achieve formentioned effects.

Might want to bump up your memory to 16GB if you plan to use any Adobe software. With memory as cheap as it is, no reason not to. I am getting back into video editing and Adobe Premiere 5.5 can eat through my memory just from dragging things back and forth.

Adobe Premiere 5.5, I haven't used that program, I might it a try being I'm still trying to find a good video editing program to use.

For the green screen, I've been seeing videos about that but I'm trying to edit recording from a PC game, so I can't really do that. I'm done masking to one of my clips and got what I wanted. Now I'm having the problem with something else. The masking is taking in some of the background along with the character. I'm not sure that masking will solve this probem 100% but I'm still going to try to mess around with it.

Back