• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with bios flash my motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkd25

Registered
If i update the bios via windows is it bad to do it that way or should i only do it the usb pen drive method when it posts.
also i would like to know if you could tell me how to set up my settings so if the temperture goes to high on motherboard or pc it shuts down. thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question.

sorry for the title i did something stupid

Last edited:
I would suggest not upgrading your BIOS unless you are having a problem with your system, or if the updated BIOS has another feature to support newer hardware you are getting on your MOBO.

If you are keen on updating the BIOS, you should have received a CD with your MOBO in the case and one of the programs on that CD is called ASUS updater which you can use to update your BIOS on ASUS boards. You can also goto the ASUS website and punch in your MOBO and download the BIOS from there.

Beware, because updating BIOS can be potentially dangerous. This is why many suggest not doing so unless you absolutely need too and use it as your last resort. If something was to go wrong or if you put the wrong BIOS on your MOBO you could screw up the MOBO.

Edit
The first thing I do is download the latest BIOS update program from ASUS - or at least compare the latest version to the one I have on the motherboard CD to make sure I've got the latest one.
/Edit

Then, I download the BIOS update to the HDD and update from Windows using the file I've downloaded. I've been doing this for years on my ASUS boards (I've got a lot of them) and never had a problem.

Thermal protection options should be under Power > Hardware Monitor in BIOS - at least it was on the CH III ... :)

Back