• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with details for headset project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hilta

Hello im new to this forum and hoping the great minds in this place could help me out.

Also hoping this is the right Place to post...

I have a pair of sennheiser RS180 wireless headset with NO mic which bothers me alot.

I want to put a Bluetooth headset transmitter into the headset which uses power from the headset batteries.
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en...luetooth-headset-sbh20/specifications/#purple (ofc without the case etc)

Then i want to cut the Cable and attach a female 3.5 which allows me to use a detachable microphone.

The problem is that i dont know the details around this. Can i use direct Power from the headset? or does it need resistance etc

Is it possible to only use the microphone part of the Bluetooth headset ?(the Cable)

Dont go to hard on me, like i mentioned im new here and if someone could post some useful info or just point me in the right direction i would be very happy.

//markus

I'm assuming you're wanting to use the Bluetooth transmitter for both incoming and outbound signals from the headset, correct?

I'm assuming you're wanting to use the Bluetooth transmitter for both incoming and outbound signals from the headset, correct?

Incorrect, i want to add the microphone for outbound signals only, by that i mean from the device to the pc(i have a Bluetooth adapter ready for that)

What about using something like a vmoda boom pro? I realize that isn't Bluetooth, but may give you an easier solution.

What about using something like a vmoda boom pro? I realize that isn't Bluetooth, but may give you an easier solution.

Thank you for answering but im looking for a wireless solution implemented in the headset.

What you need to do now is see what voltage is available from the headset battery to know if it'll work with your transmitter.

What you need to do now is see what voltage is available from the headset battery to know if it'll work with your transmitter.

Power supply: 2x AAA size NiMH rechargable batteries, 1.2 V, 600 mAh

The charger gives: 5V, 500 mA

But i cant seem to find any voltage info on the SBH20

Depending on how those are wired you'll either get 2.4V 600mAh or 1.2V 1200mAh inside the headset.
You'll need to find out which.

Depending on how those are wired you'll either get 2.4V 600mAh or 1.2V 1200mAh inside the headset.
You'll need to find out which.

And that is measured at the point where both speakers are connected i guess? Or how do i do that?

Lets say hypothetically that it gets 2.4v 600mAh, does that mean it can run the sbh20?

You'll want to measure it where the battery terminals connect to the circuit board.

You'll have to find specs on the transmitter, I can't tell you.

Back