• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Mobo Ideas Presler 920

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlackAdjuster

Registered
I picked up a Presler 920 and a Crappy ECS 945P-A Mobo combo at Fry's a couple weeks ago. Not a great OC board but it is kinda stable after farting around & flashing this thing. I have mainly owed AMD stuff the last couple years and could use a few recommendations for a good overclocking board for under $150.00 USD as I will unload this board on ebay & try to unlock the capabilities of this chip with a good board. Any help on a good board is appreciated.

Thanks,
SlackAdjuster

Intel Pentium Presler 920 @ 3.16GHZ Dual Core
Crappy ECS 945P-A
Thermalright XP-90 w/ Panflow 2400rpm
Rosewill 550 Watt PS
Mushkin Enhanced DDR2 533 2X1gb
WD SATA 160gb
SB Audigy 2
WinXP Pro

Well if yu didn't alredy have PCI-E Gfx and DDR2 I would recommend ASUS P5P800-SE

Great guys, I will start looking at the egg to see what kind of prices they have on em.

Thanks,
SlackAdjuster

3DFlyer said:
The new 975x boards too M. 975x boards should be included in the 99.9%. The Asus 975x boards are pretty awesome.

Yea, I ordered the P5WD2-E Premium today and it should arrive on Tuesday with the 1900XT.

:)

You don't need to go with the p5wd2-p unless you want the extra features ... the p5wd2 base mobo works the same as the -p with the 920. At least mine does :D

I have not swapped it over to the p5wd2-E yet ... i am not expecting a big difference in OC ... the 830 i have in it atm is the same as in the base p5wd2.

I am sure the abit is good too ... batboy is also running his 940 in one.

I have a P5WD2-E Premium and it's doing me well so far, just waiting for my 940 and some other goodies to arrive :p . You can't really go wrong with that board, it's awesome.

-GearShift3r

Back