• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help with a z97 oc formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Been going through my old subs with the xpower...seems that the cpu is running basically the same now as it was before. Maybe it's wishful thinking but can't help but feel that there's more to be had from this chip.

Took a look at the top g3258 subs to see if there's anything that jumps out vs. what other people have done. Even though people said my original input voltage of 2.6 was way too high, a lot of the top benchers are running 2.6-2.9v for that setting. Also seeing that folks are using a slightly lower offset for cpu analog/digital io so will adjust those down a bit. Also people are running pch 1.05 at 1.15 so will do that, too.

What about PLL? Found someone who said that the default is too high so will maybe lower it 0.25v below default?

How about ddr vtt? Read somewhere that it should be set to 50% of vddr. Does that seem right?

What else? Anything else you folks could suggest to help me squeeze the most out of this thing?

tia!

Back